PARO steps onto the CO2 Performance Ladder
PARO aims to improve the quality of the environment on an ongoing basis and to preserve as many natural resources as possible. We are committed to creating a cleaner world and a pleasant living environment and to ensuring that raw materials and energy are used efficiently.
To challenge ourselves to realise our ambitions in the area of sustainability, we are participating in the CO2 Performance Ladder of the Foundation for Climate Friendly Procurement and Business (SKAO). By gaining an insight into our company’s carbon footprint, formulating concrete reduction targets and developing these systematically, we are aiming to make a significant contribution to reducing CO2 emissions and mitigating climate change. As you would expect from PARO, we are aiming high. We will make clear how we are reducing our CO2 emissions and what results these measures are delivering.
Our overall targets:
- At least a 49% reduction in CO2 emissions by 2030 relative to 2019
- At least a 95% reduction in CO2 emissions by 2050 relative to 2019
- An average reduction in CO2 emissions of 7% per year
Scope 1 targets:
- an average reduction in CO2 emissions of 5% per year in relation to diesel consumed by our trucks
Scope 2 targets:
- end of 2021: a reduction in CO2 emissions of at least 22% relative to 2019, primarily due to the installation of a 1.05 MWp PV plant with effect from 1/7/2021
- end of 2022: a reduction in CO2 emissions of at least 100% relative to 2019, as a result of purchasing 100% green electricity generated from Dutch wind and/or solar power with effect from 1/1/2022
All targets are measured as the reduction in CO2 emissions per euro of revenue
Want to find out more about the CO2 Performance Ladder and SKAO? Go to www.skao.nl
Amsterdam Waste by Water Core Team - Together with the City of Amsterdam and a group of companies that operate in the city, we have created the Amsterdam Waste by Water Core Team. Within this core team we are working on the Waste by Water Pilot, as part of which we are looking for sustainable transport solutions in Amsterdam and the surrounding area. This Pilot is high on our agenda and we will update you on any developments over the coming months.
CO2 Performance Ladder documentation:CO2 Performance Ladder certificate
GMP CO2 Performance Ladder communication plan
3.B.1. CO2-reductiebeleid.pdf (CO2 emissions reduction policy)
3.B.2 Energiemanagement actieplan.pdf (Energy management action plan)